Web hyperlinks to non-Fishkill Historical Society sites and their content is not the responsibility of the Fishkill Historical Society
Links to Fishkill History Related Articles:
General George Washington's Battle Sword was Made in Fishkill, NY:
by Alexis Lynch
Cecilwood Vest Pocket Railway
by Anthony Musso
an interview with Fishkill Historical Society
Trustee Cliff Foley
Blodgett Memorial Library's
"Your Story is Fishkill's Story"
Episode 1 Features Fishkill Historical Society Co-Founder, Historian and Author Willa Skinner
Please recommend links to add to this page by emailing them to us.
Links associated to the Proposed Development of the 10.47 acre Fishkill Parcel: #133089-6255-00-180430-0000 on Route 9 located approximately between Snook Road and Van Wyck Lake Road in Fishkill:
- Friends of the Fishkill Supply Depot a not-for-profit [501(c)3] organization that was formed to advocate for the preservation, study and proper interpretation of the parcel.
- GLD3 LLC's owner Dominic Broccoli, located in Pelham Manor, NY has proposed the parcel's development named "Continental Commons" to the Town of Fishkill's Planning Board (Planning Board meeting agendas and minutes associated with the proposal of the "Continental Commons" development can be found on the Planning Board's website).
- Hunter Research Inc. Report - A HISTORICAL AND ARCHEOLOGICAL SYNTHESIS OF THE FISHKILL SUPPLY DEPOT- March 2016- "This report presents a synthesis of past historical and archeological research relating to the Fishkill Supply Depot, a key facility in the Hudson Highlands that supported the operations of the Continental Army and New York State militia throughout the Revolutionary War. This project was undertaken by Hunter Research, Inc. under contract to the Friends of the Fishkill Supply Depot and was funded by a grant from the National Park Service, American Battlefield Protection Program."
The Fishkill Historical Society's Position on the Proposed Development of the site:
“Whereas the Fishkill Historical Society is in favor of Historical Preservation, be it resolved that the position of the Fishkill Historical Society shall be that as long as Federal, New York State and local Dutchess County and Town of Fishkill archeological research and building requirements are adhered to by the owner of the proposed “Continental Commons” property, he has the right to develop this area.
The Fishkill Historical Society officially objects to any development of the 100 foot easement that is currently in place between Snook Road and the gas station buildings that are located at the southeast corner of the intersection of Route 9 and Snook Road (a.k.a. 480 US Route 9, Fishkill, New York)."
This is not a complete list of links associated with information about the Fishkill Supply Depot or the proposed "Continental Commons" development
Dutchess, Orange and Ulster Counties.
Madam Brett Homestead in Beacon, New York
- New York State's Path Through History
- Mount Gulian Historic Site in Beacon
-Putnam History Museum in Cold Spring